Saturday 9 April 2011

What's the strange Rocky beast? (Via Chad Arment)

What's the strange Rocky beast?
7th April 2011

A ROCKHAMPTON woman is asking for help after spotting a mystery creature on Brecknell Street about 11pm on Tuesday.The woman, who says she is not prone to flights of fancy or imagining strange things, describes the animal as looking a lot like a lemur."It is driving me crazy with wondering and even though I feel silly asking I thought someone might have heard of something," the woman said."I was coming down Brecknell Street when I saw an animal running along the footpath/grass on the cemetery side of Upper Dawson Road heading in the direction of the cemetery."

I was quite startled."She said the animal's tail was not bushy like that of a fox and it was way too big to be a cat.She has ruled out a dog because its head shape and tail were wrong."I turned left onto Upper Dawson Road with my high-beam lights on and followed it," the woman said."It moved quickly but did not streak away like a cat would – its tail was held out behind it horizontal to the ground, it trotted very rapidly."I got a quick look at it in the high-beam light before it ducked under the cemetery fence and disappeared."She said its fur seemed to be quite thick and fairly short, a mid-brown colour with lighter rings on the tail and a light-coloured tip."

I had a look on the internet and it did look quite a lot like a lemur except the rings on the tail were not a bright contrast with the rest of the fur and I'm not sure a lemur trots rapidly," the woman said."I had not been drinking ... I am a high school teacher."

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/04/07/whats-this-strange-rocky-beast/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis