Monday 23 February 2009

Tree surgeons have proof big cats exist

By Dan Charles
20 February 2009
The Citizen

A Pair of tree surgeons say they have proof big cats do exist in Gloucestershire after a sighting in Churchdown.

John Vine and Nick Cole, both from Tewkesbury, were working on a Willow tree on Monday when they saw the beast emerge from a nearby thicket.

Mr Vine said: "I was up in the tree at the time, and I looked down and saw a big black cat. I wasn't scared I was in awe.

"It was the size of a Labrador with a glossy shimmering coat, a tail as long as itself and a head similar to a domestic cat, but bigger.

"I've always been a sceptic about these kinds of things, I thought it was a load of nonsense, but there's no doubt in my mind now, there's nothing else it could have been."

The sighting was near Tudor Mead at the Highgrove Estate in Churchdown at around 11.30am.

And although they didn't get a photo of the illusive animal they did take a picture of the cat's paw print after it had left.

Big cat expert, Frank Tunbridge, 60, from Podsmead, has been tracking cats for the past 25 years.

He currently has two remote cameras set up in Stroud to catch sightings of the cats and has taken part in a number of television shows about the issue.

He said that sightings are rife at the moment.

"It is their breeding season so they will be taking more risks," he said. "I will now be heading over there to look for footprints myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis