Monday 16 November 2009

Pet albino rat 'delays sentencing'

Monday, November 16 2009, 13:54 GMT
By Mayer Nissim, Entertainment Reporter

A man has temporarily escaped sentencing after taking his pet rat to an appointment with his probation service.

Allan Page, of Arlesey, Bedfordshire, had already pleaded guilty to fare-dodging, begging on a train and possession of cannabis, Bedfordshire On Sunday reports.

The 39-year-old said: "I had cycled from Hitchin to Bedford that day and I didn't realise that I couldn't bring the animal with me.

"They said it was for hygiene reasons but I said it was my animal and he goes everywhere with me, even to the doctor's. It did annoy me because I didn't think it would be a problem."

Last Wednesday, Bedford Magistrates' Court gave Page until November 19 to attend another appointment with officials to prepare his probation reports but warned him: "No pet rat this time please."

Defence lawyer Martin Bellis confirmed that Page was now aware that he could not take his albino rat, named Rizla, into the office with him.

Page is due to be sentenced on December 2.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a187103/pet-albino-rat-delays-sentencing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis