Sunday, 24 April 2011

Girl recovering after snake bite, Updated: 24/04/2011 03:24

A nine-year-old girl is recovering in hospital after being bitten by a snake.

Tyler Butcher was walking with her family in the New Forest, Hampshire, on Friday when she was bitten by an 18-inch-long adder.

Her father, Kenny Butcher, called 999 and she was taken to the intensive care unit at Southampton General Hospital.

Mr Butcher said his daughter was in "absolute agony" as her leg went black as she suffered an allergic reaction to the bite.

He said that doctors decided to give her antivenom as the bruising got worse and she was transferred to a general ward.

Mr Butcher told Sky News: "We went up to the New Forest for a walk with some friends, we were literally walking back to the car when my daughter gave out a yelp.

"I thought she had stood on a nettle but when I looked down I saw the snake slithering away and saw the puncture marks on her foot.

"She literally lifted her leg off the the ground, standing on one leg, you can tell when your children are in pain and she was in absolute agony."

He said that he dialled 999 and she was taken by ambulance to hospital.

Praising the emergency services and the medical staff, he added: "They didn't mess around, they were absolutely first class."

1 comment:

  1. Here we have another valid reason for why the worthless creatures called adders should be eradicated. They are (probably with the exception of wasps, house flies and members of parliament) the only creatures alive that serve no useful purpose.
    It is high time that the government put a bounty on adders in Britain, or at least declared open season on them so that they can be destroyed by any means available.


You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails