Monday, 14 April 2014

Squirrel causes $300,000 worth of damage

By Will Lerner15 hours agoOdd News

One tiny squirrel did a heck of a lot of damage. The Journal Gazette of Indiana is reporting that a little guy got into the electrical system of a Fort Wayne community center and caused a power surge so great that it, “fried the three new HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning] systems and damaged some parts of the boiler system.” The total cost to repair the damage done will wind up being around $300,000.

The McMillen Community Center is still being constructed and was set to open on June 7, but the squirrel’s actions on April 1 might put those plans in flux. Fort Wayne Parks Department employee Steve McDaniel said the company that built the HVAC systems is now doing what it can to replace them so the center can still open on time. Parks Department Director Al Moll told the paper that the damage is covered by insurance.

Unfortunately, the squirrel did not survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails