Sunday 1 May 2011

Upstate Woman Says She Saw Black Panther

Paris Mountain Woman Says Big Cat Ran Up To Porch

POSTED: 12:27 pm EDT April 27, 2011

GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. -- A woman sitting on her Paris Mountain front porch enjoying the view said she came face to face with a black panther Tuesday night.

Black Panther Spotted

"I was just sitting here, and all of a sudden I looked and there it was on my front porch. It was big and muscular. I screamed. When I stood up it ran," said Katie Araujo.

"My grandfather told me stories," she said. "But I never believed him until now."

Araujo said, "I was so scared. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't looked."

Paris Mountain park rangers said a black panther sighting is rare. They said they haven't had any reported sightings so far this year.

Officials said, to best of their knowledge, there are no black panthers on Paris Mountain.

Araujo said she understands the skepticism since before last night, she might not of believed it was possible either.

She said she just wants neighbors to beware and take precautions with pets and children.

We checked with Hollywild. David Meeks, executive director, said black panthers are not from North America.

"I'd be surprised if that's what she saw, but strange things happen," said Meeks.

Meeks said in the dark of night, the woman may have seen a cougar.

"A cougar could possibly live in our area and a cougar would do what she said it did," said Meeks.

http://www.wyff4.com/r/27689341/detail.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis