Saturday 16 July 2011

Mendon man head-butted by deer

MENDON, Mass. -- Jesse Mazzola was driving home with his wife and daughter after a Fourth of July barbecue, when he was head-butted by a deer on a back road in Mendon.

The damage to his car: superficial. But the damage to his face: not as pretty.

“I saw cartilage or what I thought was cartilage -- a bone and blood just gushing all over my face,” Mazzola said, describing the deer’s impact.

Normally when an animal is hit in the road, the driver hits it with the front of the car. In this car, the deer hit the driver, through an open window.

“I saw his eyes, and felt his nose ... like a full head butt,” Mazzola said.

The deer didn't have antlers, but the head shot left Mazzola with a badly broken nose and seven stitches.

He took a peek at his busted nose in the mirror with a message for his wife.

“I looked at my wife,” he said, “and said ‘I said call 911. Don’t look at my face.’”

His wife, of three years and their 11-month-old daughter weren't hurt.

The stitches are already out, but Mazzola said he still couldn’t believe he walked away after going head-to-head with a dear.

“It was definitely eye-to-eye,” Mazzola said. “You got to be kidding me, a deer in my face.”

Police found a dead deer by the side of the road the next day. Mazzola said he didn't want to see if it was the same animal. At that point he said he'd already seen enough of the deer.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/worcester-area/12004804782170/mendon-man-head-butted-by-deer/#?hpt=us_bn4#ixzz1S6bE0HVe

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis