Thursday 26 July 2012

William Evans, 10, finds dead lizard on loaf of bread from Tesco


William Evans made the grim find while preparing breakfast.

‘It certainly put me off my toast,’ said William from Axminster, Devon.

'I was making some toast and cut off a slice when I saw something that looked like a leaf.

'So I took the wrapping off and found the lizard inside.

'It was about two to three inches long.'

He screamed for his parents, Clare and Marcus, who reported the discovery to the store.

Dad Marcus Evans said Tesco initially replied that it would be impossible for the reptile to have found its way into the loaf because the supermarket had exemplary hygiene standards.

Mr Evans added: 'I am surprised they didn't tell me "every little helps".

'They have asked me to take it into the manager but I am thinking of contacting environmental health officers.

'We are keeping the lizard and loaf in the fridge for evidence.'

Tesco said a search of its bakery had failed to solve how the lizard got into the loaf of bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis