Friday 6 September 2013

Fred the ferret goes on hour-long rampage attacking residents in block of flats

A ferret terrorised residents in a block of flats when it went on a biting spree.
The 20cm (8in) runaway, nicknamed Fred, snapped at Merrell Smith for almost an hour.
Her neighbour and another person were also bitten before Fred was lured into a cat box with a piece of ham.
However, he also nipped the RSPCA officer who collected him.
Ms Smith, from Chilwell, Nottinghamshire, said: ‘I heard my neighbour calling me and when I opened the door there was this ferret, outside my door running around.
‘I was talking to my neighbour about what to do when it just literally went for me. I tried to shoo it away but it just kept going for me and going for me.
‘This went on for about an hour or so. It just kept trying to bite me. It was horrible and my ankle is painful to walk on.’
She suffered puncture wounds to her skin and had to be treated by paramedics.
Ms Smith also required a tetanus jab to ensure she wasn’t infected.
Commenting on the incident, a RSPCA spokesman said the animal charity was currently searching for Fred’s owner.
‘The ferret did not appear to have been handled much and was not very friendly,’ he said.
‘It is currently in our care and we would appeal to anyone who has any information regarding who has lost the ferret to get in touch.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis