Wednesday 1 December 2010

Have You Seen This Missing Unicorn?

Maybe it's the last great unicorn hunt.


New Yorkers have been looking for this beast, a female unicorn with a friendly disposition, since thousands of posters for it sprung up around the city.

There's a phone number to call if you think you've seen it -- (917) 675-4783 -- and audio from some calls, as well as supposed images of unicorn sightings, have been placed on the unicorn's Web site, missingunicorn.com.

The project was started by New York artist Camomile Hixon, who told the Los Angeles Times that she was just trying to make people smile.

"A unicorn is beyond race, beyond religion. I wanted something that could reach anyone at any age. I thought, if I could just make a handful of businessmen on Wall Street think about unicorns, I will be successful," she said.

The city has shut down the project and stopped Hixon from putting up new posters... but they haven't been stopped from selling T-shirts that cost nearly $30 a piece.

That's expensive even in New York... but I'll gladly buy one.

Wait, I think I left my wallet on my unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis