Monday 9 July 2012

Real life Romulus and Remus: Starving poverty-stricken boy, 6, filmed suckling milk from stray dog - video


A poverty-stricken six-year-old boy has been filmed suckling milk from a stray dog to suppress his hunger.
The shocking footage shows Chotu Kumar grabbing the animal’s hind legs so he can drink from her teat.
The images echo the Roman myth of twin brothers Romulus and Remus, who were nursed by a female wolf after being abandoned in the River Tiber and taken in by a shepherd.
“Our family is very poor, sometimes I get hungry,” the youngster said.
“The dog doesn’t bite me. I like her and she likes me, she treats me like one of her puppies. I love to play with the dogs, they’re my friends.”
Chotu lives with his mother Shanichari Devi, 37, his grandmother Amiya Devi, 60, and his two brothers Bola, 14, and three year old Mahesh in a mud house in Jharkhand, Eastern India.
After his father’s death four years ago the family dropped below the poverty line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis