Sunday, 30 December 2012

Dog survives light lunch of Christmas decorations


A dog has been put on Father Christmas’s naughty list after requiring life-saving surgery to remove around a foot of fairy lights he had eaten.

Charlie, a seven-year-old crossbreed dog from Southampton, was saved by surgeons from the PDSA veterinary charity.

His owner Sharon Fay, 45, said Charlie – appropriately described as the ‘light of her life’ – had also previously eaten her scarf.

‘I hadn’t even noticed that the lights had been chewed at this stage but it quickly became clear what had happened,’ she said of the most recent incident.

‘Back in March he ate one of my scarves and needed an operation to remove it, but I thought it was just a one-off incident as he hadn’t shown any signs that he was going to be a repeat offender. I’ve had dogs all my life and have never known a dog act like this before.’

After he was taken to the vets, X-rays showed the tangled remains of the lights in Charlie’s stomach; as well as a shoelace.

No comments:

Post a comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis