Wednesday 18 June 2014

Cow on a steep slate roof


A cyclist touring the Swiss Alps could not believe his eyes when he saw a cow on the steep roof of a farmhouse.

Rolf Steiner quickly grabbed his camera to take this photograph of the cow precariously placed, near Bern.

"I couldn't believe my eyes and had to look three times to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. A cow on the roof," he said.

The animal had been walking on a road behind the property when it decided that fresh fields and pastures new might well be available on the other side of the roof.

But instead of going round, it jumped from the road onto the roof and clambered up to the top, before slithering down the other side and stopping when it got near the guttering.

Realising there was nothing exciting there, it then turned round and went the other way where it successfully jumped back to the ground and went back to its meadow.

The cow broke several tiles with its hooves before it managed to find its way back down.

Farmer Dieter Mueller, said: "She always was one of my most cantankerous beasts, always wanting to do it her way, not mine or the herd's.

"I tried to chuck a broom at her to get her off, and put a ladder there but I didn't use it, as I was worried she'd fall on top of me.

"She would have stayed up there for eternity if she had wanted to. I tried to coax her off when I first saw her but she wouldn't budge.

"She had to do things in her own sweet time. And I am left with the bill for replacing the tiles she smashed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis