Sunday 15 June 2014

Yes, You Can Get Your Cat to Behave


Wayne Pacelle, President and CEO, The Humane Society of the United States | June 13, 2014 08:02pm ET

Wayne Pacelle is the president and chief executive officer of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). This Op-Ed is adapted from a post on the blogA Humane Nation, where the content ran before appearing in Live Science's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.

I wouldn't say my cat, Zoe, is from hell — but she is a bit of Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde. In the mornings, she is very cuddly and affectionate, and there are times that she sleeps right up against my head or neck. But usually, at about 10 p.m., her pupils dilate and she gets zany, racing and leaping around the house like a Howler monkey who just spotted a jaguar . When my wife and I try to pick her up when she's in this kind of mood, she typically responds with something between a love bite and a flesh-tearing chomp.

That's why I was excited to interview Jackson Galaxy, the host of Animal Planet's hit show, My Cat From Hell who spoke recently at the HSUS Animal Care Expo, the largest international education conference on animal care, sheltering, rescue and emergency services. I wanted to ensure Zoe doesn't have Mad Feline Disease. I spoke with Jackson about cat behaviorists, troubleshooting cat problems, community cats and the Animal Care Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis