Tuesday 2 October 2012

A year and 200 miles later, cat returned to owner


VISALIA, California — Max the cat is home after a year of being gone.

Max went missing from Beki Osborn's home in Visalia, California last year.

"I called the microchip people and told them what had happened and then waited," Osborn said. "And I didn't hear anything until yesterday."

Somehow, Max made it all the way to the Ghalleger's home in Carmichael, a suburb of Sacramento and 200 miles north of Osborn's home.

They fed him for a few days and then tried to find out where he came from. Karin Ghalleger took the cat to be scanned for a microchip, which identified Osborn as his owner.

The Ghallegers drove Max home earlier this week.

"We want him to be home. He's been gone long enough," Karin Ghalleger said. "A year is a long time to be without your cat."

Osborn had given up on the reunion, and couldn't believe it when the Ghallegers rolled into her driveway.

"I was stunned, I was absolutely stunned. I was so glad I had him micro-chipped," Osborn said. "…My emotions are all over the place with this. I was just like, ‘I can't believe it's him,' ‘I know it's him,' ‘I can't believe this is real.' I am just all over the place with this."


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis