Thursday 22 May 2014

Colorado moose attack injures 2 women - via D R Shoop

A couple of Colorado women were recuperating after a moose attack northwest of Denver over the weekend.

They were walking their dogs in the city of Black Hawk when the encounter took place, the Gilpin County Sheriff's Office said.

"All of a sudden, I looked up and he was looking right at me and grunted and then charged," Jackqueline Boron told CNN affiliate KDVR. "I tried to get up, and he kept coming back and stomping on me."

"When I fell back he got me here," Boron said, pointing to her arm. "Then, when I curled up forward, that's when he got me on the head."

The attack left Boron with staples in the back of her head, 15 stitches on her leg and four broken ribs, KDVR reported.

Ellen Marie Divis was also stomped on by the moose, but was able to get away to find help.

"I heard 'help me, help me, help me,'" neighbor Chris Hockley told KDVR. "This lady comes running up to her house and she's covered in blood."

The sheriff's office issued a warning after the attack.

"If you encounter a moose: walk away from it -- DO NOT walk towards it; moose are agitated by dogs; make sure your dog is on a leash, control the dog(s) and walk away," the warning said.

Lesson learned, Boron said -- don't mess with a moose.

"Don't hike (when) you know .... there's moose out there."


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis