Wednesday 14 October 2009

Halloween fake spiders 'could scare arachnophobic man to death'

John Stafford, a man who suffers from debilitating arachnophobia, has said that Halloween could scare him to death.

14 Oct 2009

Mr Stafford, 54, of Scarborough, claims he has such a bad fear of spiders that his doctor has told him even fake rubber ones displayed in shop windows could give him a fatal heart attack because his heart is so badly bruised.

He said he is so terrified of spotting an arachnid that he is forced to stay indoors on Halloween.

Describing his reaction when he sees a spider, he said: "I stop breathing and pass out, it's just terrifying."

Mr Stafford added that he had tried everything from hypnosis to pills to cure his lifelong fear, but without success.

His wife Maria, 44, described the moment she feared for her husband's life after he saw some spiders in a shop window display, saying he passed out and slumped against her before she was able to bring him round.

She added: "I've known my husband since I was four years old and I don't want to bury him now."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6326461/Halloween-fake-spiders-could-scare-arachnophobic-man-to-death.html

2 comments:

  1. It's a damn good job he doesn't live where I do. There must be about 15 rather large spiders have built large webs in different parts of my back yard. When I let the dog out yesterday morning, one had built a web about 12 inches across, on the door frame. It was sitting in the middle of the web and I swear it was checking out the dog with a view to having its lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EW! Do you live in Australia? I heard that they have house spiders the size of your palm! That's too bad...I always wanted to go to Australia.

    My fear is bad as his too, only I don't faint. I will scream histarically and make a scene. It must be very annoying but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis