Friday, 16 July 2010

Man eats poisonous snake for bet

15 July 2010, 10:19

An Indian man has narrowly avoided death after swallowing a poisonous snake in a wager for just over £1.

Zaver Rathod had killed the reptile moments earlier after it bit one of his friends.

He then ate the raw snake for a 100 rupee (£1.39) bet after being encouraged by work colleagues, reports The Times of India.

Rathod was soon rushed to hospital suffering with severe nausea and vomiting.

Had the snake's venom entered the 35-year-old's blood stream, he would almost certainly have died, but doctors successfully removed the contents of his stomach in time.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Man_eats_poisonous_snake_for_bet

No comments:

Post a comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis