Tuesday 12 May 2015

Woman finds live snail in supermarket sandwich

Hannah Scott discovers crunchy creature as she tucks into chicken tikka and mango chutney sandwich from Tesco Extra store in Grimsby

By Agency

1:37PM BST 12 May 2015

A woman narrowly avoided eating a live snail that she found in her supermarket sandwich.

 Photo: Caters
Hannah Scott discovered the crunchy creature as she was tucking into a chicken tikka and mango chutney sandwich, from a Tesco Extra store.

Mrs Scott, from Stallingborough, Lincolnshire, was offered £25 in compensation by the supermarket giant, which has launched an investigation.

The 37-year-old said the incident has made her think twice about even stepping foot in the shop, in Grimsby, again.

"I took a bite out of my sandwich and felt something hard and I thought that's not right, so I spat it out, not knowing what it was," she said.

"I just stared at the snail, wondering if it was dead or alive. When it started moving I thought right that's it, I need to get this sorted. I've not bought a sandwich since."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis