Thursday 1 July 2010

Bin busker employs guard dog

1 July 2010

A Suffolk busker who performs from inside a litter bin has bought a dog to protect his takings.

Charlie Cavey, 31, sings and plays guitar whilst squeezed inside a tiny metal bin in Cambridge.

But he can't keep an eye on his money from inside the bin so he employed eight-year-old Obi the Jack Russell to stand guard.

"I have had problems with people taking money as they don't always realise I am in the bin and it looks like free cash," he said.

"It's quite a struggle to keep getting in and out of the bin so now I bring Obi with me. He is really good and just stands on top of the bin and watches people going by."

Mr Cavey, from Newmarket, first started performing in a bin as a joke.

"I saw a man empty a metal rubbish bin one day in the city centre and thought I could fit inside it," said Charlie.

"I managed to squeeze myself in much to the amusement of all my mates. Then I learnt to play the guitar and a friend reminded me about the bin so I decided to combine the two."

Charlie said he always attracts crowds as people can't work out where the songs are coming from.

"They can hear me but can't see me so they always stop and try to work out where I am," he said.

But he said singing in a bin does have its drawbacks: "I get people throwing rubbish into the bin not realising I'm inside," he said.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Bin_busker_employs_guard_dog

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis