Saturday 24 August 2013

NJ teen fights off bull-shark attack during Florida vacation

A New Jersey teenager is lucky to be alive after a bull shark attacked him while he was in Florida.

“I have a large puncture wound that left a hole this big and underneath that. I have three little tiny teeth marks,” said Christian Mercurio.

17-year-old Christian Mercurio had the scare of his life while fishing on the shore.

“I felt like I was being bitten by something so I just kicked whatever it was and it bit my left foot,” said Mercurio.

A worst nightmare come true. Mercurio was being attacked by a shark.

The Randolph, New Jersey teen was on vacation with his family in Sanibel Island, Florida when he felt the shark bite him and pull him. The bleeding wouldn’t stop. It’s a feeling he can’t shake.

“It’s like a large amount of pressure, it feels like cinder blocks are falling on your legs,” said Mercurio.

“I just ripped my leg out of the sharks mouth and started running to shore.”

“I just wanted to make sure he was safe and not bleeding and then it started to sink in.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis