Wednesday 30 June 2010

Snappy accident as fisherman bags croc

RIGHT: The 24-year-old fisherman says he got the fright of his life. (User submitted: Joel Pezzutti)
30 June 2010

A far north Queensland fisherman has pulled up a three-metre crocodile while casting his bait net at a tidal drain in Cairns.

Joel Pezzutti was casting the net in the suburb of Portsmith when the saltwater crocodile jumped from the water and latched onto the net.

The 24-year-old civil contractor says he got the fright of his life but still had the foresight to capture the moment.

"I was out casting for some bait so I could go fishing," he said.

"I cast my cast net out and a croc jumped out of the water and grabbed onto it, so I back-pedalled and I ran to the car because I was on my own.

"I got my torch and camera and had to get a photo because I knew no-one would believe me."

The Department of Environment and Resource Management is investigating the incident.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/30/2941368.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis