Thursday, 20 March 2014

Dog owner claims Springer Spaniel saved her from choking to death

By Charlene Sakoda16 hours ago

Rachel Hayes of Drefach Felindre, Carmarthenshire, West Wales says that she’s alive and well because of her heroic Springer Spaniel, “Mollypops.” Ms. Hayes tells Wales Online that she popped a strawberry pastille candy into her mouth and it went down the wrong way. “I swallowed and it got stuck at the back of my throat,” she told the news outlet.

The 40-year-old dog owner feared losing her life as she unsuccessfully tried to dislodge the candy. Hayes, who lives alone, was struggling to breathe and could not manage to make a phone call for help because of it. But, Hayes wasn’t quite alone. “Molly[pops] then was insistently keep coming after me all the time but I tried pushing her away,” explained Ms. Hayes. “But she wouldn’t go away and she must have had a sixth sense or a doggy sense, whatever you call it. And she come behind me, she bashed me in the back. I jumped forward, and the sweet come up whole.” The weight of the Springer Spaniel forced the candy out and Rachel was able to finally breathe properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails